Majority of ketamine users always gets addicted to ketamine after taking it for some time. There are obviously some symptoms to show one is addicted to ketamine. Am sure some of you will be lost now because you first need to understand what is ketamine. Other ketamine users will be scared as they don’t want to get addicted and some will like to know the addiction symptoms so as to be careful and for some others so as to know if they are addicted already or not.
Note should be taken that it’s not easy to fight ketamine addiction without help. So never keep it a secret when you realize you are addicted. Seek for help either via your doctor or online or from friends who went through the same thing and succeeded to overcome it.
You need help to overcome it because ketamine changes the brain and makes it impossible for you to stop without the help of others like professionals, family, friends etc. Ketamine is a drug approved by the FDA essentially as sedation during medical operations. Users frequently abuse ketamine to encounter a daze like state and sedation.
It can likewise be addictive and have genuine effects on the user as well. Becoming familiar with the product, how dependence on it comes about and the medication’s uses can assist individuals to easily detect if they are addicted or if their friends and family are addicted. We will discuss in detail about ketamine addiction and symptoms in the paragraphs below
What Is Ketamine
Ketamine is a drug that was developed in the 1960 and approved by the FDA for medical uses. It normally comes in a liquid form and you need a prescription to get it from the pharmacy. Ketamine is normally a painkiller that is commonly used by veterinary to sedate animals before an operation. It is marketed under the brand name of ketalar.
Ketamine can alleviate pain, just like how opioids also relieves pain. It additionally has solid dissociative impacts that cause individuals to feel like they are outside their bodies and makes them feel high. Ketamine has many street names among which are;
- Super K
- Special K
- Vitamin K
- Kit kat
- Super Acid
When ever you hear any of the above names, just know it’s ketamine. Ketamine comes in liquid form but many buys it and evaporates the liquid so as to form a white powder that they snort like cocaine.
Signs Of Ketamine Addiction
We all know and understand what ketamine addiction is. Ketamine is a very addictive drug when not taken with care. Many report has shown that users now takes ketamine which is meant for anesthesia and evaporates it to change it to a whitish powder. The powder is then snorted which makes the user feel so high and happy at times. Note should be taken that ketamine alone is not addictive but the combination of ketamine with other drugs such as LSD makes it very addictive and dangerous for the health. Below are some signs to show that one is getting addicted to ketamine;
- Addicted users spends a lot of money on the drug.
- When a user starts failing to meet up with some basic responsibilities like work and others, while taking ketamine, care should be taken because that is a sign of addiction.
- The moment starts to add the amount of drugs he takes, it’s a straight sign of addiction. At that point care should be taken.
- Ketamine users who starts Neglecting friends and family are at the addiction stage.
- The instance a user starts tolerating and the usual quantity can’t produce the required feeling, it means the user is getting addicted to the product and care should be taken.
Again the best way to quit ketamine addiction is seeking professional help from a doctor.
Symptoms Of Ketamine Addiction
When an individual crosses into the dependent state, they go through their days feeling absolutely withdrew from their environments. They become unequipped for driving a typical normal life. This is because they are under the effects of ketamine all through the day.
Ketamine likewise misshapes the users view of sight and sound and can make it hard to move. Users have reported that when ketamine is taken at high dosages, you have a feeling of a “brush with death”. Different users report that they experience a “condition of absolute joy” on Ketamine. This is why the rate of people buying ketamine powder online is really increasing. Below are some symptoms that shows some one is addicted to ketamine
Psychological symptoms of ketamine Addiction
Below are some psychological symptoms of ketamine addiction that should be noted by users;
- Memory loss
- Distraction or inability to pay attention
Physical Symptoms of Ketamine addiction
The physical symptoms are those you can see on yourself or someone else been addicted to ketamine. We should also note that not all users will experience these symptoms. Below are some of them;
- Loss of consciousness
- some users experience Fatigue
- Increase in heart rate
- Facing difficulties to breath
- paralysis may also occur to some users
- Some of the physical symptoms are Muscle rigidity
- Other users undergo Loss of coordination as a symptom of addiction.
- In some ketamine users, some symptoms of addiction can be Muscle weakness
When these physical effects start manifesting, the user has to stop using ketamine if not the following health issues may arise in the long term;
- Excess use of ketamine can damage the liver
- An overdose situation can occur when a user is addicted to ketamine
- Too much injecting for those who take liquid ketamine can cause damage to the brain.
- Serious and constant abdominal cramp can occur when a user is addicted to ketamine.
- A ketamine addicted patient can easily get mental issues since ketamine works on the brain.
Side Effects Of Ketamine
In the image below, you will see some side effects of ketamine also called special k. Also, users should take not that side effects varies from person to person. One side effects can show up on user A meanwhile it does not affects user B.
- Users may experience double vision
- Some can have the feeling of being paralyzed.
- Hallucinations can occur
- Dry mouth
- night mares
- Other users might experience respiratory failure.
- Motor functions becomes complicated
More side effects of special k can be seen on the diagram above and care should be taken when any of the side effects appears.
Ketamine on it’s own and when taken as prescribed or directed can’t be harmful to the user. But when special k is mixed with other chemicals, it becomes very dangerous for the user and extra care should be taken before it leads to dependence. This is because when you get addicted to ketamine, withdrawal is very difficult and the help of a specialist must be needed to succeed.